A core component of the One Recovery Bucks service is to provide free Substance Misuse training to professionals in Buckinghamshire to help generate a culture of confidence when dealing with individuals with alcohol/drug misuse issues, in line with Making Every Contact Count (MECC). These courses are free of charge and will help to raise awareness of substances, associated risk factors and impacts on behaviour as well as evidenced-based skills such as IBA (Identification and Brief Advice) for alcohol.
One Recovery Bucks will deliver training on key areas such as:
- Basic Drug and Alcohol awareness.
- Overdose Awareness and Naloxone training.
- Alcohol Brief Advice and Information Training and Extended Alcohol Brief Advice Training.
- Specialist Drug and Alcohol Training for Pharmacists including Needle Exchange delivery.
- Specialist Training such a Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS).
If you or your organisation would benefit from Substance Misuse training, please contact our Training Lead, Sarah Woodward, by phone (0300 772 9672) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).